Wednesday, December 13, 2006

December 13 - one year later

A year ago I was finalizing grades for my MUDEC class, doing laundry, packing, and temporarily closing down my blog. Tomorrow, December 14, Diane and Darbi would start their trek to Frankfurt, and December 15, we reunited and began our European extravaganza. It hardly seems possible!

So much has happened over the last year that has cemented my MUDEC and European experience in my memory. First of all, I'm so pleased that I started this "Pursuing Leadership" blog so that I could get back to all the ideas I've had and so that I could chart the journey of my discovery of Europe and leadership.

This experience brought to fruition a decade-long dream just last week. I keynoted the Leadership Educators' Institute in Arizona with the title of my remarks being Deeper Learning in Leadership. It was an incredible honor and opportunity to roll out the core ideas that will eventually be in print with the book. The participants' responses were very good and the ideas seemed to stimulate considerable dialogue through the rest of the conference. Preparation for the conference also helped me refine how some ideas were presented, which will help in completing the final revisions of the text by January 15, 2007.

I'm finishing up grading for the semester and then will dig into writing. I also hope to kick back a bit for the holidays. Last year was so incredible that only the deep warmth of being with my family could even begin to compare!

No comments: