Monday, June 30, 2008

Shining eyes - the result of "conviction in action" leadership

My passions for music and leadership are pretty transparent - at least I hope they are. As I've matured, I'm pulling them closer and closer together in my daily behavior. Perhaps (and probably), this is the quintessential convergence of "conviction in action," the definition I've chosen to adopt for deeper leadership in our world.

This morning I was browsing my Facebook profile when I found that one of my "friends" had discovered a video of Ben Zander that was recorded last February 2008, Classical Music with Shining Eyes. The piece is about Zander's belief in the universality of classical music and its connection to living our lives in ways that result in shining eyes in others. This is a pretty profound piece and I hope you'll take a quiet moment to view it.

No comments: